Your privacy is important to Dental Stock Photos, a website operated by Amalgamate2020 Pty Ltd (ABN 78 642 582 410) (we, us or our). We are committed to protecting your privacy and complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
This policy governs our collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Our website provides stock images of dental clinics, dental practitioners, staff, patients, visitors, and equipment, which you can purchase and download (Website).
We may amend this policy from time to time, and the amended policy will be made available on the Website. You may be asked to accept the new policy before you can continue to use the Website. If you are not asked, we will treat your continued use of the Website, or your provision of further personal information to us, as your acceptance of the amended policy.
1. Who do we collect personal information from?
We collect personal information from:
- members of the general public who use the Platforms or Website without setting up a user profile (Unregistered Visitors);
- dental practitioners, staff, patients and visitors who have agreed to appear in our images (Models); and
- customers who register with us to purchase images (Registered Users).
By using our Website or otherwise providing us with your personal information, you consent to your personal information being collected, stored, used and disclosed as set out in this policy or as otherwise disclosed by us at the time of collection.
2. What kinds of personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect and hold about you will depend on and the nature of your interaction with us, but will generally include your full name, contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses), if you become a Registered User, your username and password details as well and your purchase history, and, if you are a Model, photographs of you.
3. How do we collect personal information?
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you. This may occur in a number of ways, including when you:
- contact us to make an enquiry or provide feedback to us;
- agree to participate as a Model for us;
- set up a user profile to become a Registered User on our Website;
- when you update your personal information on our Website; or
- make a purchase through our Website.
We endeavour to only collect personal information about an individual from that individual. We may also collect personal information from publicly available records.
4. Providing personal information of others to us
You must not provide us with personal information about any other individual unless you have the express consent of that individual to do so. If you do provide us with such information, before doing so, you:
- warrant that you have that individual’s consent to provide their information to us.
5. How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for the purposes for which it was provided to us, for other related purposes, to operate and provide the Website, and as permitted or required by law.
The ways in which we may use your personal information include, to:
- verify your identity and authenticate your access to the Website;
- display, sell and supply to our customers the images in which you have agreed to appear as a Model;
- provide products and services that you have requested, and respond to your enquiries;
- recommend products and services that may be of interest to you, based on your transaction history and preferences;
- manage your user profile and provide you with customer support;
- provide you with information about our events or our services that may interest you, and more generally, to maintain our relationship with you;
- send promotional offers and marketing material to you;
- maintain a database of users of the Websites;
- enhance your experience of the Website, and make the Website easier for you to use, including remembering your preferences and personalising your experience;
- plan our product and service development in accordance with the needs of our customers; and
- facilitate our business operations and processes.
6. Who do we disclose your personal information to?
Generally, we will obtain consent before we disclose any personal information other than as specified in this policy. Such consent may be given expressly or it may be implied by conduct.
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- our third party service providers to permit them to provide services to us such as provision of infrastructure, information systems and IT services, data analysis, customer services, financial services and other similar services;
- our external advisers who have been engaged to provide us with legal, administrative, financial, insurance, research, marketing or other services; and
- other parties as permitted or required by law.
We will not share your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes. We will never sell, trade, lease or rent your personal information to third parties.
We may share de-identified, aggregated information with third parties for their marketing and business purposes, but such information will not individually identify you.
7. What happens if I do not provide personal information?
If you do not provide your personal information to us, you will not be able to participate as a Model or purchase images through our Website, as the case may be, and take advantage of all of the functionality of our Website.
We may also collect data from you by using ‘cookies’, which are small data files deposited by our Website on your phone, computer, or other device. Cookies are sent back only to the servers that deposited them when a visitor returns to the relevant page.
With the information we receive through cookie technology, we hope to improve the Website.
In addition, we may gather information about you that is automatically collected by our server, such as your IP address and domain name. We may use this information to customise our offerings, to make information more readily accessible to you, and to make the Website easier for you to use.
9. Data Security
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold, whether in electronic or other form, against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
When no longer required by us, we will take reasonable steps to destroy, delete or permanently de-identify personal information in a secure manner.
10. Access to personal information
You may request access to personal information that we hold about you by using the contact details below. We will process such requests within a reasonable time and may charge a fee for providing access, which will cover the costs of verifying the application and retrieving the information requested. If we deny an access request as permitted or required by law, we will provide reasons to the extent we are required by law to do so.
11. Correction of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know promptly if any changes are required to be made to the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact details below.
You may ask us at any time to correct personal information we hold about you. On request, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date, or will provide reasons for not doing so.
Of course, you may also update your personal information at any time through the Website.
Your complaint will be reviewed by us, and we will investigate the issue and determine the steps that we will take to resolve your complaint. we will contact you if it requires any further information from you and will notify you in writing of the outcome of the investigation.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may contact us to discuss the matter further, or you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner using the details below:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Fax: 02 9284 9666
13. Contact Details